Starting to write down a few tips and tricks for Kobo Aura HD
[ 3245.778774] usb 1-1.1.3: Product: eReader-3.1.1 [ 3245.778776] usb 1-1.1.3: Manufacturer: Kobo [ 3245.778778] usb 1-1.1.3: SerialNumber: NXYZ
|Kobo Aura HD||3.1.1||This thread and search for "Mark 4 Hardware: Aura HD/Glo (N905C Model) - or direct link|
/mnt/onboard/run.sh &Then, when you plug the Kobo on USB, create a bash script run.sh to run whant you want such as:
#!/bin/sh cat /proc/cpuinfo > /mnt/onboard/CPUINFO cp /etc/inittab /mnt/onboard cp /etc/inetd.conf /mnt/onboard /sbin/ifconfig -a > /mnt/onboard/NETWORK echo "DONE" >> /mnt/onboard/CPUINFO
mkdir -p /dev/pts mount -t devpts devpts /dev/ptsThen, to install dropbear, I used the pre-built package from this thread
Notice that package sets the root password to banana (/etc/passwd), but you can change that later. So,
- Upload KoboRoot.tgz to .kobo
- Unpack dropbear.zip in /mnt/onboard (where the kobo device is mounted - that also where run.sh is)
- Add a line to install dropbear in run.sh:
/mnt/onboard/dropbear/dropbear -r /mnt/onboard/dropbear/kobokey
- Try to ssh to your kobo. If you can't find its IP address, nmap might come handy. If you can't see your IP address, make sure on the Kobo to start the web browser so that it connects to Internet!
- When everything works, change the keyfile /mnt/onboard/dropbear/kobokey: dropbearkey -t rsa -t kobokey
- Change the root password!
127.0.0.1 www.google-analytics.com ssl.google-analytics.com google-analytics.comOf course beware what you rule out...
affiliate=koboYou'll get your books frontcover instead of the affiliate's logo, which I find far more useful!
convert -resize 1080 -type GrayScale -depth 8 input output.png
Hard reset: 30s on power + release + push light and power